Tooth-Colored Fillings in Missoula
Nearly everyone will have to deal with tooth decay at some point in their lives.
The key to maintaining a healthy smile is taking care of problems like decay as soon as they develop. Putting off treatment only leads to bigger problems that may be costly and complicated to fix.
At Cornerstone Dental, we offer tooth-colored fillings because they are a conservative treatment that restores your oral health and protects the beauty of your smile.
Tooth-colored filling material is a composite that is made of glass and resin particles. This combination closely resembles natural dental enamel and can be shaded to match the color of your teeth for a seamless repair.
Since composite fillings are bonded directly to the surface of your tooth, we don’t need to remove much structure for a stable repair. It is always preferable to preserve as much of your natural tooth structure as we can for as long as possible.
Creating a dental filling involves several steps:
- If decay is noted and it is in the earliest stages, it may be possible to do the filling without anesthetic
- However, if it is determined that anesthetic is needed, Dr. Rogers will make sure you are comfortable by placing a topical gel prior to the injection. Next, she gently and slowly injects anesthetic into the gum tissue to make sure the area we are treating is numb.
- When we are sure you are completely numb, we use state-of-the-art instruments to efficiently remove the decay.
- Before we place the filling in the prepared tooth, a bonding gel and adhesive must be used. The composite material is then placed in the prepared space and forms a secure bond with your tooth.
- The final step is to ensure that the newly filled tooth does not interfere with your dental bite. We will have you bite down on a piece of carbon paper to identify and eliminate high spots that might lead to future problems with your dental bite.
Cosmetic Dental Bonding
Tooth-colored composite fillings look so natural that we can use them for a process called cosmetic dental bonding. Bonding is a conservative, affordable way to correct minor smile flaws.
Dr. Rogers uses the material to restore chipped or broken teeth and fill in uneven gaps and spacing. Since a bonded tooth looks completely natural, we can even alter the shape of a tooth to improve its appearance.
Please Call Us with Any Concerns
Our goal is to help you understand and enjoy the benefits of excellent oral health. Seeking treatment for decay when it is still small is the best way to avoid the inconvenience and expense of more complicated problems in the future.
If you have a cavity or would like more information about cosmetic bonding, please call our Missoula dental office. We will be happy to arrange an appointment at your convenience.